At the foot of the Middagkrans mountain and only a ten-minute walk from the beautiful village of Franschhoek, lies Bo La Motte Farm; one of the nine historic Huguenot wine farms settled in 1672. The farm was returned to its 'Wine Farm' origins in 2001 and planted with Rhone varietal vines. The grapes (red and white) are processed in the restored 50 tonne wine cellar and the resulting boutique wine is marketed under the Four Paws label. In addition to this, the farm also offers beautifully furnished, self-catering cottages, each in its own unique setting.
Bo La Motte is an ideal location to make a base, from which to travel and see the delights of the immediate area and Western Cape and when you've finished driving, it offers the space to relax and unwind. A day spent on the farm can involve a stroll into the village to indulge in the delights offered by Franschhoek's culinary masters or you can buy your own delights at one of the many village shops and enjoy a picnic around the dams, taking in the breathtaking scenery offered by the surrounding mountains.
For those not wanting to spend their time in the car, but who have an adventurous streak, Franschhoek valley also offers a number of activities such as horse riding, paragliding, helicopter trips and mountain biking or for a more relaxing theme there is fly-fishing, walking trails, wine tasting and numerous health spas for the ultimate pamper sessions; choose your fancy and let us help you organise it.
Each cottage has its own idyllic setting, either nestled amongst the vines or overlooking the dams. They are furnished to a high standard and have complete kitchens fully equipped for self-catering. The lounges have large comfy sofas, TV, DVD and open fire places for the cooler winter evenings whilst the bedrooms are either of a twin or double bed configuration. Each cottage has both bath and shower facilities and all towels and linen required for use in the cottages, is provided. All cottages have sufficient room for an additional child’s bed or baby cot.
The cottages are serviced daily and laundry and babysitting services are available on request. We have a swimming pool for guests' use, although you are also welcome to swim in the dams. All children must be supervised when in, or around the pool/dams and guests are reminded that you swim entirely at your own risk.
When you stay in our cottages you are welcome to explore the whole farm, have a picnic in a hide-away spot or try your hand at catching a trout or two. We have free Wi-Fi, DSTV channels, indoor fireplace for the winter and outside Weber braais for the summer.
01 May - 31 October
Pump House cottage: (1 bed) R900 per night
Oak cottage: (1 bed) R1 100.00 per night
Goose cottage: (2 bed / 2 bath) R2 100.00 per night
Milk wood cottage: (2 bed / 2 bath) R2 100.00 per night
Pear tree cottage: (2 bed / 1 bath) R2 100.00 per night
Owl cottage: (3 bed / 2 bath) R3 000 per night
1 November until 30 April 2017
Pump House cottage: (1 bed) R200.00 per night
Oak cottage: (1 bed) R1 400.00 per night
Goose cottage: (2 bed / 2 bath) R2 500.00 per night
Milk wood cottage: (2 bed / 2 bath) R2 500.00 per night
Pear tree cottage: (2 bed / 1 bath) R2 500.00 per night
Owl cottage: (3 bed / 2 bath) R3 600 per night
• All bookings subject to a 50% deposit.
• Bookings only confirmed upon receipt of a completed & signed booking form.
• Unconfirmed provisional bookings lapse after 7 days.
• We do not accept one-night bookings over weekends (only on a 'last minute' basis).
• For cancellations received prior to 60 days before arrival - 5% of the deposit.
• For cancellations received 30 to 59 days before arrival - 50% of the deposit.
• For cancellations received 15 to 29 days before arrival - 100% of the deposit.
• For cancellations received 14 days or less before arrival - 100% of the accommodation fee.
• No smoking in the rooms. Guests wishing to smoke may use the patio or stoep (veranda) where applicable.
• Check-in time is between 14:00 and 18:00. Guests arriving after 18:00 are requested to please inform us in advance. You are welcome to arrive earlier and use the pool/facilities, but the room may not by available until 14:30.
• Check out time is 10:30.
• No pets or animals may be brought onto the premises.
Take the main road through Franschhoek until you get to the Hugenot Monument. Turn right and then take the firs left up Middagkrans Road. Our driveway onto the farm is about 800m up Middagkrans Road on your right hand side
Middagkrans Road, Franschhoek, 7690