Welcome to Simon’s Town
|Felsensicht Holiday Home is superbly situated near Boulders Beach, Simon’s Town, with a 180° view of False Bay stretching from Muizenberg in the north to Cape Point in the south.
“Ultra modern, large, attractive, wonderfully comfortable home”
|On a clear day there are views of Stellenbosch, Gordon’s Bay, Seal Island and Cape Hangklip. The house is a 2-minute walk from Fisherman's Beach (which has good boogie boarding or sea kayaking, depending on sea conditions) and a 20-minute walk from the world famous penguins.
Our accommodation is rated as Superior by the AA and 4 Star by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.
Beautifully furnished and fully equipped with all mod cons. Sleeps 6. All necessary linen, cutlery, crockery, glassware, pots and pans etc are provided. We offer our guests one complimentary clean per week.
- We are able to accommodate up to 6 persons.
- The accommodation is self-catering.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Children are welcome.
- No smoking please.
- Large double garage, storage area, fridge-freezer, beach umbrellas, beach chairs and boogie boards.
- Open plan kitchen, dining-room, lounge area; glass top stove with conventional oven; microwave oven; fridge-freezer; Jetmaster fireplace; DSTV; music system; underfloor heating; excellent view of the ocean whilst preparing meals or dining.
- Guest WC.
- Scullery with washing machine, dishwasher and
- Large outdoor sea-facing patio area with deckchairs, patio furniture, sun umbrella, outdoor dining table and chairs, Weber and Gas Barbecue for braaiing.
- Outdoor washing line area.
- Indigenous sloping garden area in front of, behind, and above the house.
- High speed Wi-Fi has been installed throughout the house and is free to all our guests.
- Cape Point Nature reserve is only 10 km away - a short drive or an easy cycle.
- Whale watching - July to November.
- Penguin viewing at the Boulders Beach National Park.
- Excellent choice of restaurants within walking and /or driving distance including The Meeting Place, Bertha’s, The Salty Sea Dog, Café Pescado, The Lighthouse Café, The Quarter Deck and, 2½ km from our home towards the south, The Black Marlin.
- Simon’s Town Country Club with Squash, Golf and Bowls is only 800m away.
- Deep sea fishing trips can be arranged or one can enjoy fishing off the rocks in front of the house or a little further afield in the Cape Point Nature Reserve.
- Scuba Diving is available at Pisces Diving Centre in Simon's Town (Mike Nortje, tel. 0027-21-786-3799) and through Scuba Shack in Kommetjie
- Bird watching is possible from boats going out to sea (Anne Gray on 0027-83-311-1140) or at various vleis and dams, eg. Rondevlei, Seekoeivlei or Strandfontein Sewerage Works which are all easily accessible by car.
- Simon’s Town itself has many attractions, including a number of historic museums, the SA Naval Base, Yacht Club, quaint shops including bric a brac, arts and crafts, clothing and souvenir shops.
|10 Arum Road
Murdoch Valley North,
Simon's Town, 7975
- Main bedroom with bathroom en suite (bath and shower); queen size double bed; two comfortable armchairs; bedside lamps, desk and chair; large dressing room; safe for valuables.
- Second bedroom with double bed; built in cupboard; chest of drawers; bedside lamps; desk and chair.
- Third bedroom with two single beds; two built in cupboards; comfortable armchair; bedside lamps; small bookcase.
- Second bathroom with bath and shower.
- Sea-facing patio area with exquisite views serving all bedrooms (best views in the house, especially with a cup of coffee in hand early in the morning).
- Upper floor area carpeted with underfloor heating.
There are a variety of beaches to choose from, including beaches with quieter rock pools and lagoons for children. Exploring the rocks and boulders strewn along the coastline is a wonderfully rewarding activity. The following beaches range from 200m to 2 km from Felsensicht:
Fisherman’s Beach, Windmill Beach, Boulders Penguin Beach (National Heritage Site - only 800m away), Foxy Beach, Water’s Edge and Seaforth Beach.
Long Beach, Simon’s Town, is 4 km from Felsensicht.
Our Rates for 2016:
(15th December to 15th January):
House rental - R4520 per day
(October to April - excluding High Season period):
House rental - R3295 per day
(May to September):
House rental - R2450 per day
Max. 6 persons
Terms & Conditions
A 30% non-refundable deposit is required in order to secure your booking. The remaining 70% is payable 6 weeks prior to arrival. All credit cards are accepted (Visa, MasterCard, Diners, American Express). Credit Card payments should be made through the secure Internet portal www.paytostay.co.za.
A refundable "breakages/loss" deposit is required (between R1500 and R5000 depending on the length of stay).
This deposit is kept in trust and reimbursed, latest one week after departure, following a satisfactory
Ours is a non-smoking establishment. We do ask our guests to sign a non-smoking agreement which forms part of our Client Information form.
30% deposit paid is not refundable if booking is cancelled.
70% final payment will be refunded if a new booking replaces the cancelled one. If a new booking only partly replaces the cancelled booking, a pro rata refund
will be given.
Reservations & Enquiries