Inglenook, offers absolute privacy in a luxury contemporary farmhouse set on 25 acres of fynbos. Situated 45 minutes from Cape Town, and 10 minutes from the West Coast's famous 16 Mile Beach, Inglenook is the perfect getaway for family or friends.
The drive along the gravel road takes you further and further away from the cares of city life, until a clearing in the fynbos reveals an architectural gem! Inglenook Farmhouse has been built with total relaxation; magnificence and convenience in mind. Situated on a working farm, the home itself is surrounded by fynbos and other indigenous flora and fauna.
Outside, the walkways, relaxation areas and dining areas flow seamlessly with the environment, allowing you to lose yourself in the serenity and natural beauty. Whether you choose to relax and read next to the pool; poach in the poolside sauna; play boulle in the sand or enjoy a long lunch under the trees – you will be struck by the peaceful beauty of nature surrounding you.
Inside, the architecture and decor is eclectic, each piece is gorgeous and collectively, it all creates a feeling of extravagant chic. The twisted wooden stair rail; the cherub chandeliers; the Mandela prints – each chosen with consideration for the overall ambiance. Natural light streams through many glass doors and windows in the main living area, with raw brickwork creating texture on walls being contrasted with the smoothly stucco’d flooring. Distinctly Moroccan; Balinese and ‘old world’ influences converge to create what can only be described as Contemporary Farmhouse Chic. You need to see it for yourself!
Inglenook is a working farm and as such the cottage adjacent to the main house is occupied by the farm manager. The farm operation is set away from the main house and should not interfere in your Inglenook experience. We respect your privacy and encourage you to feel free to 'let your hair down' and enjoy your stay.
The farmhouse consists of:
- 5 spacious, double-bedrooms – each with private fire-place ,patio and Wi-Fi throughout the hole house.
- A large, full bathroom with jet-bath and separate shower; double basins.
- Family bedroom upstairs with a double bed, and two single beds; en-suite bathroom and private fireplace and patio.
- Fully equipped kitchen – crockery, cutlery, cookware, gas hob and electric oven, fridge and freezer; coffee machine; Kitchen Aid; wine fridge.
- Separate ‘storage room’ adjacent to the kitchen with dishwasher; washing machine; tumble dryer; and baby camping cot.
- Dining table for 14/16 people; and 2 lounge areas - one lounge area is built as a ‘nook’ with with a large fireplace and a Nguni skin....it’s the social heart of the home.
- Bathroom with shower basin and toilet located separately from the main house, near the pool area.
- Swimming-pool; with sun-beds and loungers around the pool area; outside shower and sauna next to the pool.
- Boma; alfresco dining area with table and chairs; boulle area;
- Underfloor heating throughout the lounge, dining room, passage and main bathroom.
- Safe and secure parking for a number of cars.
From 1st August 2018 to 1st August 2019 - R6500
Inglenook is just over an hour up the West Coast, R27. From Cape Town take the R27 for approx 90kms. Look out for the Yzerfontein/Darling crossing - take a right to Yzerfontein. Exactly 2kms down the road on the RHS you will see the gates to Jakobuskraal Nature Reserve.....you nearly there. Enter the gate code given to you in your confirmation email and continue down the dirt road. Road bends right, drive past Boesmansdam on your left and take next right. At the end of the road turn right into Inglenook driveway.
Plot 24 Jacobuskraal, Yzerfontein