Newlands Homestay is located in a quiet oak-tree lined avenue in the heart of Newlands Upper. Close to Table Mountain & Kirstenbosch botanical gardens. It is within walking distance of various tourist attractions & amenities. Newlands Homestay is ideally situated for tourists planning a holiday to Cape Town, executives, sports enthusiasts & academics.
Newlands Homestay offers two well-appointed & comfortably furnished en-suite rooms, with quality bedding. Each room has satellite TV, WiFi and a kitchenette with microwave, bar fridge, kettle & toaster, . Crockery & cutlery are provided on request. Safe and secure parking is available for our guests.
THE POOL ROOM is a spacious self-contained cottage for 2 people with private entrance. Guests will enjoy the view of the swimming pool & garden.
THE ANNEXE is a well-appointed room for 2 people. The room has its own private entrance & garden. Patio furniture is provided for the exclusive use of our guests.
ACTIVITIES AND ATTRACTIONS
Easy walk to:
• Cavendish Square with shops & cinemas
• Melissa’s deli & coffee shop
• Excellent restaurants & pubs
• Woollies food shop
• Vineyard Hotel & conference centre
• Sports Science Institute of SA (SSISA)
• Newlands Rugby & Cricket grounds
Short drive to:
• Kirstenbosch & Rhodes Memorial - 5 min
• UCT & Baxter Theatre - 5 min
• Virgin A - 5min active Gym - 5 min
• Golf courses -10 min
• V & A Waterfront & Cape Town - 15 min
• Table Mountain cable car - 15 min
• Wine estates in Constantia - 15 min
• Cape Town International Airport - 20 min
• Beaches - 25 min
All Year Round Rates:- Double R850.00 / night & Single R650.00 / night
Peak Season Rates:- 16th December - 9th January & Easter Week-end:- Double R990.00 / room / night & Single R750.00 / night
Breakfast available on request at an additional cost
Newlands Homestay 17, Avenue Grande, Newlands, 7700 +27 21 6711318 (landline) +27 82 321 2169 (mobile) GPS co-ordinates:- 33° 58' 38" S / 18° 27' 21" E
*Directions from Cape Town International Airport
* Take the N2 turn off to Cape Town.
* Turn left at EXIT 6 onto M3 following signpost for Rhodes Drive, Muizenberg, Kirstenbosch
* Continue on M3 passing the University of Cape Town on your right *At first set of traffic lights turn left into Newlands Avenue.
* 1st turning right into Ravensberg Ave, 5th turning left into Evergreen Avenue, and 2nd turning right into Avenue Grande.
* Number 17 Avenue Grande is 2nd house on left as you turn into the road.
17 Avenue Grande, Newlands, 7700