No 15 Welgemeend Street in the Gardens, situated in a secure area, on the lower slopes of Table Mountain, just above the City Bowl, is beautifully restored Victorian Home which dates back to when this area was a farm, supplying fresh produce to the passing sailing ships.
We are owner managed, have two en-suite Victorian rooms with private entrances. Your health breakfast can be enjoyed in private on your patio overlooking the plunge pool or under a rose bedecked gazebo..
We can arrange for shuttle to meet you on arrivals.
Your Hosts …. Liz & Trevor Wilkins.
We are situated within walking distance of the City Centre - Via the tree lined Avenue through the Historical Government Gardens. Within minutes you can enjoy a walk in the De Waal Park.
For your evening meal you have the choice of more than 20 restaurants and a few cosy pubs within a few
minutes-walking- of our home - varying from traditional foods to Thai food. A number of Deli’s are also close by. You could place an order with "Mr Delivery" who will deliver a meal.
Table Mountain is just up the road, there is an easy walk up Lion's Head. - With its ever-changing views of Cape Town. The Waterfront, Clifton/Camps Bay beaches are a few minutes away by car. The world famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens with it’s Sunday evening concerts (Summer time) is a MUST.
Most of these places can be easily visited using the Hop-on/off bus – You purchase a day ticket and enjoy!
The Winelands of Paarl, Franschhoek (little Switzerland) and Stellenbosch are about 45 minutes by car. A great attraction is the Shark Cage Diving and Whale Watching which is just outside Hermanus/Gansbaai. Allow a full day for this!
Whew you will need at least 4-5 nights to experience our wonderful Cape Town and environs!
Shorter and you will be so disappointed!
Mediclinic Hospital - a modern, privately owned, well equipped medical clinic / emergency unit is within a 5 minute walk!
Even though we are situated just above the City Centre we have a garden atmosphere in a quiet oak tree lined street with views of Table Mountain and Lion’s Head/Signal Hill.
Rooms and Facilities
• Comfortable en-suite Victorian rooms each with own private entrance
• High Victorian ceilings keeps the rooms cool in Summer
• King sized double bed or Twin Beds with thermal blankets and down duvets
• Plunge pool
• Private patio
• Heater- Fan
• Fire Place in the Prince Albert room
• TV with M-Net / Radio Clock
• Hair dryer
• Assortment of plug adaptors
• Small fridge / Tea/Coffee equipment
• A quiet park for your evening stroll is just 5 minutes walk
• WiFi available in your room
• Orientation chat over a Complimentary Coffee or Glass of wine on your arrival
• We can assist to arrange your local tours
• Special private tours to can be planned to suit your requirements
• Table Mountain is just up the road!
• Medi-clinic within 5 mins walk
• 24 Hour security in our area
• Can loan you a mobile phone with local sim card
• Free WiFi available
Low Season 1st April - 30th October
From R1100.00 per room B&B – Sleeps two persons
High Season 1st November - 31st March
From R1650.00 per room B&B – Sleeps two persons
We can negotiate a discount for more than six nights
Rates are subject to adjustment
15 Welgemeend Street, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001