Situated on the slopes of Devil’s peak, our semi-detached, double-storied apartment is a 5' walk from the University of Cape Town in the leafy suburb of Rondebosch. The apartment comfortably sleeps four people. There is one large en suite bedroom upstairs and a smaller en suite bedroom downstairs with an open plan, fully equipped kitchen, lounge and patio.
The property has a luxuriant garden and secure parking.
The flat is joined to the main house but has its own separate entrance and alarm system.
Rondebosch still has a village atmosphere, with a strong student flavour. It is culturally rich with a world class theatre.
Newlands international rugby and cricket grounds are within walking distance. It is dominated by Table Mountain and Devil's Peak.
The property is tucked into a private corner of upper Rondebosch.
Restaurants, supermarkets and convenience shops are half a km away.
Your hosts: Louette and Hugh Fynn
Louette is a music teacher and music therapist, art and music lover and keen gardener.
Hugh is a retired head master and geography teacher, a civil and commercial mediator, restorative justice practitioner,
qualified tour guide, keen hiker, sports enthusiast and philosopher.
- Two en suite bedrooms. The larger upstairs bedroom has a king size bed which can be changed to two single beds. The smaller downstairs bedroom has a standard double bed.
- An open plan lounge with sliding doors to a patio and garden
- Free Wi-Fi and DSTV (full bouquet)
- A fully equipped kitchen with a stove, micro wave, fridge, deep freeze, kettle, toaster, crockery and cutlery
- Washing machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Secure off-street parking, behind automated gates
- Separate alarm system
- Cleaning service on request
- Luxuriant garden
- Grand piano (subject to availability and convenience)
The accommodation is centrally located in Cape Town and within a short distance from all major tourist attractions. La Grotto is an excellent option for people travelling to Cape Town for summer or winter school at UCT and for international, provincial and school sports events.
- 10' from Cape Town city centre and V&A Waterfront
- 15' from Cape Town International Airport
- 5' walk from UCT
- 5' walk from Main Road Rondebosch, (shops and restaurants)
- 2' drive to the Baxter Theatre
- 10' drive (and less) from all Rondebosch and Newlands primary and secondary schools and tertiary institutes
- 10' from leading hospitals (Groote Schuur, Red Cross, Kingsbury, Vincent Pallotti, Claremont)
- 5' drive/ 20' walk from Newlands Rugby stadium
- 8' drive/ 25' walk from Newlands cricket ground
- Within 30 - 40' drive of the world renowned Cape Winelands regions of Paarl, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
We are a non-smoking, pet free house. There is a cat in the garden.
Check in after 15:00 or by prior arrangement.
Check out by 10:00.
R 1 300 per night for the unit
- Sole use of the apartment
- Larger numbers can be accommodated by arrangement
- Minimum stay 2 nights
- Long stays (14 days and longer) negotiable
- 50% deposit secures a booking
- More than 30 days notice: full deposit refunded
- 21- 30 days' notice: 50% of deposit refunded
- 14 - 21 days' notice 25% of deposit refunded
- 14 days' notice and less, plus no shows: no refund of the deposit
We will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.
Landline number: +27 (0) 21 685 3800
Mobile #1: +27 (0) 83 288 0918
Mobile #2: +27 (0) 83 448 2356
Email #1: email@example.com
Email #2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reservations & Enquiries
Landline number: +27 (0) 21 685 3800 | Mobile #1: +27 (0) 83 288 0918 | Mobile #2: +27 (0) 83 448 2356
Email #1: email@example.com | Email #2: firstname.lastname@example.org