Set on 11,000 hectares of dramatic terrain, Gondwana Game Reserve holds the distinction of being the only Fynbos reserve in the world with free roaming big five game as well as endangered species like the Cape Mountain Zebra and Black Harrier among many others. Its breathtaking beauty will soothe and delight you with its endless mountain views and green rolling hills blanketed in colourful Fynbos.
The reserve is ideally and accessibly located in the world famous Garden Route just 4 hours drive from Cape Town and 45 minutes from George Airport.
Delicious cuisine is passionately prepared by our international chefs. Enjoy romantic bush picnics and evening meals in the reserve as the sun dips behind the mountains.
• Situated in a separate area of the reserve offering alternative dining and a boutique conference venue in a cool, organic style.
• The lodge is comprised of a reception area, lounge, bar, library, curio, and indoor and outdoor dining, as well as an exquisite infinity pool overlooking the reserve and waterhole where hippo and elephant frequent.
• For those who want to stay in touch with family or sport, Internet and TV facilities are provided in the interactive library and bar.
• Enjoy Bush braai's in the middle of the reserve overlooking a breath-taking valley and mountain vista at sunset. 1000 Hectare Protected Walking Area
• Within the reserve an area has been fenced for endangered species and freedom of movement for activities such as Fynbos guided walks, hiking, fishing and mountain biking.
FAUNA AND FLORA
Gondwana is the ONLY Fynbos reserve in the world with free roaming Big 5 game. Our temperate and Malaria free climate offers year round prime game viewing which includes Elephant, Lion, Eland, Kudu, Springbok, Red Hartebeest, Buffalo, Giraffe, the rare Cape Mountain Zebra to name a few, and an abundance of endemic bird life and magnificent scenery for the enthusiastic wildlife photographer to capture. Gondwana offers an original nature experience in a breathtakingly beautiful setting of colourful Fynbos vegetation against the backdrop of the Outeniqua Mountains.
RESERVE ACTIVITIES (Day Visitors Welcome - please enquire for rates)
• Game Drives per day in open Land Rover
• Guided Fynbos Walks
• Junior Ranger programme to educate and delight children with the wonders of nature.
• Spa Treatments
• Bush Picnics
• Mountain Biking
PLEASE ENQUIRE FOR RATES
Heuningklip Farm, Herbertsdale, Mossel Bay