Dating back over 200 years, this Homestead is the original family home of Oldenburg Vineyards. It has been fully renovated and modernised, whilst retaining the history, architecture and charm of the Cape Dutch aesthetic.
We believe that by sharing our farm with guests for a stay at the stunningly situated Homestead, we are providing a truly unique experience which enables them to connect with the farm, its vineyards, and to better understand our wines. We provide friendly yet exceptional hospitality in a thoroughly private environment.
Situated in the majestic Banghoek Valley, 10 minutes from Stellenbosch, the Homestead and gardens are nestled amongst Oldenburg’s spectacular vineyards and surrounded by picturesque mountains on all sides.
The Homestead offers a serene, private and exclusive environment, with a large private garden and magnificent mountain and vineyard views. Oldenburg Vineyards is ideally located, with some of South Africa’s best restaurants within close proximity. The charming university town of Stellenbosch is within easy reach. Franschhoek is also easily accessed from the farm.
The double-storey house is approximately 600 sq metres, and offers all modern conveniences at a 5 star level. It can accommodate up to 12 people in 6 bedrooms.
There are two main large covered outdoor entertaining areas and a large gated pool within the gardens.
The ground floor features the reception room, formal dining room, eat-in kitchen, entrance hall, guest cloakroom, living room and 4 bedrooms. The first floor comprises of a study/lounge area, the master bedroom suite and a twin bedroom.
All rooms in the house have stunning surrounding views of vineyards and mountains. All bedrooms have air-conditioning and ceiling fans.
• Formal lounge equipped with a bar, leading onto a large covered patio and garden
• Living room with satellite TV
• 12-Seater dining room
• Fully equipped kitchen which leads directly onto a large patio with shaded pergola and traditional braai
• Large open fireplaces in lounge, living- and dining room
• Guest cloakroom
• Access to the owner’s private cellar wine list
• 6 bedrooms, sleeps 12 people:
o Master bedroom: king size extra length bed, dressing room, en-suite bathroom with bath & shower, balcony, adjoining lounge/study
o Bedroom 1: king size extra length bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, opens onto terrace & garden
o Bedroom 2: king size standard length bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, opens onto terrace & garden
o Bedroom 3: twin room (2 x adult-size single beds) or king standard, en-suite bathroom with shower
o Bedroom 4: queen standard, en-suite bathroom with shower
o Bedroom 5: twin room, adult size single beds with adjoining bathroom with shower
• All bedrooms have the following as standard:
o Mountain & vineyard views
o Air-conditioning/heating & ceiling fans (except bedroom 5)
o Flat screen satellite TV with hospitality package (except bedroom 5)
o Safe (except bedroom 5)
o Underfloor heating in bathrooms
* Children are welcome - travel cots and high chairs available
01.10.17 – 14.12.17 R 24 200
15.12.17 – 28.02.18 R 30 000
01.03.18 – 30.04.18 R 24 200
01.05.18 – 30.09.18 R 21 200
01.10.18 – 16.12.18 R 26 900
17.12.18 – 28.02.19 R 35 500
• The rates listed are per night, for exclusive use of 8 guests. A surcharge of R1000 per person for 2 guests over and above 8 persons will apply with a surcharge of R500 per person for the 11th and 12th guest each respectively.
• The Homestead is for exclusive use of one group and not multiple individual bookings.
Zevenrivieren Road, Banghoek, Stellenbosch, 7600